Yes, you can.

YDPs: (from left) Fikri, Aiman and WJ (eh?).

I had always asked myself whether I deserved this or not. To be around amazing and excellent people, it has always been my dream. Never had I imagined my journey would be full of unexpected surprises. I had always anticipate surprises, but not this one.

When I asked Muja, "Am I deserving this pose? I don't think I can. I am not doing this, I don't think I will" He said, 'Go for it Mira. You never know'. I sighed.

Then I told Aini, "I am not qualified for this. A president? I don't do anything much to run for this election" She said, 'You can Mira. Inshaa Allah. Tough and long journey ahead, but you're strong more than you think'. I teared up, in silent.

All I think was, I was never good enough to be a sole female president for the first time in MEDSOC's history. I was never better. All I did this while was, to listen and observe. I don't think I might run for a president pose. Still, I ended up signing the Candidate Form on 16th October 2018. In the Name of Allah, I said this was the craziest bet I had in my life. This whole scenario was a lot differ from the one I had in high school last time. When everyone's expecting that a Vice Head Girl 2 should be announce as the Head Girl in the final year. But it turned out that a Secretary was later announced as the Head Girl. It wasn't me being the Head Girl, but a Vice Head Girl 1. Since then, I never had any monarchial-believe in anything (in leadership/politics). It's all about competency.

..and yes. As of today, I was still hiding as a somebody who's going to retire from being a Vice President 3 from the peers and, hey-bros !

I learnt a lot from Fikri in my 2nd Year, as a Vice President 3. He taught me that whenever I can't go on, I have to take a break sometimes and spill. I had so many supporters throughout my journey, as someone who's going to face a Professional Exam 1 for that session. I had great friends who understood and listened to me well. I had Kak Suci, Aiman, Ruhana, Ummi, Rasya and Zuhairi who shared every hardships and inspiring stories for me to keep moving. Until I was told to deviate my focus from organizational works to academics. The hardest times I could recall were ;- trying to move on from loving someone that I don't deserve, being thrown away from your friends whom you thought could never abandoned you (ended up forgiving and forgetting the 'silly' mistakes) and trying to face the reality that I had overworked myself while trying to cure my shattered hopes. Alhamdulillah, in the greatest support and prayers, I passed the Pro 1 Exam with flying colours. After so many troubles and roller-coaster rides, I managed to smile and glad that I could hug my bestfriend, upon hearing her passing. I shed tears btw after listening to Ika's name on passing list by the Deputy Dean, but I broke my heart that Mirul's name wasn't being announced. I rushed downstairs to get him, that I was so sorry I had abandoned our study group due to my chaotic schedules. After all, I can't make up to any of my excuses, but I believe that he would pass the Supplementary Prefessional Exam paper. Yes, he did it! I shed tears again :')

Then, I proceed to my 3rd Year with joy and not to mention, it's going to be a honeymoon year for all Genezens. Again, with the hope to let Medsoc be in somebody's good hands, I was then influenced by Aiman to get through another year of ruling with him, as a Vice President 3. Again. I requested this, I didn't want to be the 1st or 2nd. Because for me, it didn't matter at all. To serve and be a helping hands to your colleagues and juniors, I was enlightened. But I had problems in adapting in clinical years which was way so hard and unacceptable to my so-passionate-self, I had to spend more hours to get a hold on the concept. How come that I've forgotten the roots and basic concepts of diabetes, hypertension and all of the managements? I was stucked and I was in my first posting of the semester, Internal Medicine. I don't get just why the physicians love to complicate things so much, why do they have to create problems that weren't there yet? I was damned. I threw books, I scribbled my own notes. But Dr Wan Yus was the one to enlightened me that our knowledge are nowhere with bad attitudes. 'Always be good to your patient, and you shall pass'. Then I started another chapter at my pace,..which was a bit slower than others? It's okay though. But Obstetrics & Gynaecology was too intense and I'm loving it. I just fell in love with it. The pressures and smells that lingers around me until the moment I woke up from my sleep, I would never want to hate it even though it chickened me out to run back to my college at 3 to 5 am during my oncalls. Because why? The gravity in the labour room keeps me attracted, not to mention my love-hate relationship with the cold MOs. I remembered my persistency being around Dr Saravanan after so many times being scolded and disappointed in front of the patients in Gynae ward. He still waved and Hi me whenever we saw each other. Cool, isn't it? Be good to everyone. The Paediatrics rotation had put me in the old phase again, like I was in internal medicine. I guess I really had to face it in Medical-based postings, which I don't expect to excel at all since I had missed my long-case examination with Prof Aida. Alhamdulillah, I passed with B despite my absence in EOP assessment. Thanks to my supervisor, Dr Rizal. Then, Surgery rotation was a total haywire but an interesting scheme of stay-cool-and-just-do-it. I love it! Especially the interaction with surgeons, Ms Maya, Dr Siti (which girls can't get close with - but I managed to), Dr Ridzwan and others, then my supervisor, Prof Ziyadi who might have a really hard time assessing my 5 sets of handwritten-case reports. Pardon my handwriting, Prof. I had a memorable support by Dr Siti when I had to take my leave from the Surgery posting for a week, when Atuk was severely sick and we finally let him go in peace. I kept my head up, stronger for myself and for my family. That made me forget how painful a heartbroken was, how painful being alone was and I want to focus more on my family and myself. For the people that trust me and rely on me, I had to be strong for them too.

Being a 4th year Medical Undergraduate, I learn that it was never easy, for everyone, on everything. I had to face people that I had some complicated issues with, and being in the same team with them. I freaked out at the first time when I had their names as my groupmates. It will never be a smooth sailing, if it's not with His will. So I started fresh and forgive them for whatever wrongs they did to me, because it always reminded me of arwah Atuk, to always be good to others and let people remember us in any good terms.

The legacy of MEDSOC, from Fikri, to Aiman and the next successor, I always pray to let us grow stronger and face everything bravely, let us have a big heart to share with those in needs of reassurance and strength. Correct us and guide us, so we will be fair to everyone and always stay true to our intentions, being responsible and stay trustworthy.


Popular posts from this blog

Random Dominos

The life as we live in.

friends